The competition international is organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
You may submit only one MANGA containing more than 16 pages. There is no specific theme. Both published and unpublished works are eligible.
To spread MANGA culture overseas and promote international ultural exchanges through MANGA.
Your manga must be submitted in printed form.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It’s free to enter!
Who may enter ?
The competition is open to non-Japanese manga artists.
Deadline : 14th June 2019
Conditions of Entry
(1) Eligible MANGA works need to be composed of more than 16 pages. Both published and unpublished works are eligible to apply, excluding the past winning works of Japan International Manga Awards.
(2) Eligible MANGA works should be the ones which have been produced within the past three years (2016-2019)from the date of application.
(3) Eligible MANGA works must be submitted in printed form. (Submission of data might be required later on.)
(4) Overseas publishing companies can apply to the Japan International MANGA Award, upon confirmation from the MANGA artists of submitting their work.
(5) Either the comic artist or story writer of the submitted work has to be a foreign national. Also the representative who will participate in the invitation program given to the Gold / Silver Award winners must be a foreign national.
(6) Only one work may be submitted per applicant.
Only one work may be accepted under one title (or series).
In case that a collection of short stories is to be applied, only one story will be accepted for examination.
Duplicate entries will be invalid.
(7) For the purpose of publicity, the MANGA Award Executive Committee may upload the winner’s MANGA works (partially) on its website upon obtaining approval from the artists.
The Gold Award and the Silver Award winners will be invited to Japan to attend the award ceremony. During their stay in Japan (approximately 10 days trip), they will also have the opportunity to exchange ideas with Japanese MANGA creators, visit publishing companies and make an excursion to local sites.