Photo Awards 2021
The 2021 Felix Schoeller Photo Awards open on January 1. The award will focus on two categories: the German Peace Prize for Photography as well as the Best Work by an Emerging Photographer award.
The Felix Schoeller Group will continue to underline its commitment to peace in the coming year. “Peace is more important than ever, even in today’s times, which are strongly influenced by the Corona pandemic.
_ “ Every entry to the Felix Schoeller Photo Award must consist of no less than three and no more than five individual phtographs.
_ These may form a series or be unrelated individual photos.
_ The images must follow a concept and demonstrate how the entrant has approached the photographic subject area.
_ A concept outline is part of the entry.
_It must be submitted in English language and may not exceed the maximum length of 1,000 characters.
The competition is divided into two categories:
• German Peace Prize for Photography – only professional photographers and filmmakers who earn the majority of their livelihood with photography or film creation are eligible for this category.
• Best Work by an Emerging Photographer – the category is open to photography or film students. In addition, those in training to become photographers and assistants to professional photographers are also eligible for entry.
• Professional photographers may submit their work in the category “German Peace Prize for Photography”. This category honors works that conceptually interpret the topic of “Peace” by means of the medium of photography. Here, the term “Peace” may be very broadly interpreted. The photographs submitted could well be, for instance, journalistic works or portraits, landscapes, architecture, or freestyle/conceptual photography.
• Emerging photographers may only submit their work in the unthemed category “Best Work by an Emerging Photographer”. Works entered in this category are not subject to any thematic restrictions.
The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2021
Who may enter ?
The German Peace Prize for Photography, a cooperation with the city of peace Osnabrück, is open to all professional photographers.
There is no entry fee to participate!
The competition is free to enter
• German Peace Prize for Photography: €10,000
• Best Work by an Emerging Photographer: €2,500
For further information visit the official website