International Poster Contest 2019
Following the great success of the 4th International Poster Contest about Typography, with 570 entries from 51 countries, the Museum of Typography in Chania expands its field of interest and invites artists from around the world to participate in the 5th contest themed “Typography – window to the world”.
This year’s theme is “Typography – window to the world”.
The invitation is mainly for professionals and students of graphic and visual arts who wish to design an original poster inspired by their homeland, featuring the culture, characteristic monuments – symbols, the natural environment, the history, the people, even the things that need to be changed.
The 30 posters selected by the jury will receive honorary distinctions and the top three will receive substantial prizes:
• 1,500 € for the first winner
• 1,000 € for the second winner
• 700 € for the third winner
There is no entry fee to participate!
The competition is free to enter
Deadline : 30th September 2019
Who may enter ?
The competition is open to anyone.
Terms of participation
1) Interested parties should send their work from Monday, July 15th to Monday, 30th September 2019 at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Participation must be accompanied by a text file with the name of the author, the place of residence and contact details (telephone and email) and – optionally – a short description of the project (up to 100 words). The name of both files should be the name of the contestants in Latin characters.
2) Dimensions should be 50 × 70 cm. PDF, CMYK, image at 200 ppi and not exceed 25 Mb. Otherwise the work should be sent with wetransfer, or similar service. A low resolution (.jpg) file should be attached for web use.
3) The contest is open to anyone who wants to take part with the possibility of sending only one original project created specifically for the competition. Employees of “Haniotika News” SA and the “Printing Museum of Yannis & Eleni Garedaki” are excluded from the contest.
1. By participating in the contest, creators declare that the data used to create their work are original and do not include third party copyrights.
2. The creators of the 30 projects that will be awarded or will receive a distinction indicate that they do not retain any property rights to the works they will deliver.
3. The “Museum of Typography” will be able to re-use freely, for any purpose and in any manner, whether or not all or part of the material sent by the 30 distinuished creators.
4. Participation in the competition automatically implies acceptance of the terms of this notice.
* The winning poster of the 4th Poster Contest, by Argyris Athanasiadis, was selected to be the poster of the 5th contest.