The Sixth Children’s Picture Book International Prize Ciutat de Benicarló want to put the city of Benicarló as a cultural capital of the region. This competition is being organised by the Benicarló city in partnership with Onada Edicions.
Thus, we understand the cultural expression as an essential motor of development. Therefore, the Children’s Picture Book International Prize Ciutat de Benicarló has born with a vocation of excellence and, it search a national and international projection. In addition, we must emphasize the added value of this genre, such as to enhance the literary taste of the first readers.
Participants must submit one or more projects with the following characteristics :
• A document describing the project and, where appropriate, the specific techniques for the final edition of the work.
• A complete model of the album project, including text and illustration.
• A minimum of 3 examples of completely finished illustrations, where key scenes from the book are displayed.
• A proposal for endpapers.
• The written literary part shall not exceed 3,000 characters.
•The work should be in Valencian, Spanish or English.
Objective criteria :
• The prize will be awarded to the best illustrated album publishing project presented.
•The work must not necessarily be finished and will be proportional to the format 210 mm x 210 mm closed. The length must not exceed 32 inner pages (excluding covers and endpapers).
• The illustrations may be double page (16 illustrations maximum).
•The jury will consider both the literary part and illustration quality, and •The originality and appropriateness of the overall project.
•Each author must own the rights of the text and the images to avoid claims of third parties.
Deadline : 20th October 2019
Who may enter ?
Authors of any nationality are eligible for the Children’s Picture Book International Prize Ciutat de Benicarló with any illustrated works;
There is no entry fee to participate!
The competition is free to enter
The prize will be 5000 €, as copyright, subject to withholding tax
as legally established. This amount will become effective when the
author presents the finished work for publicatio.