Kaos GL announces the open call of Ankara Queer Art Program – Artist Residency’s 2022 edition to host visual artists whose pratice explore intersecting particularities of artistic expression and queer politics. From Turkey and abroad each artist-in-residence will be hosted for a duration of 8 weeks in Ankara. Kaos GL’s Ankara Queer Art Program – Artist Residency provides stipend for the living expenses, covers the expenses of round trip travel, accommodation and costs considered required for the materials of possible production. According to their research themes and interests Kaos GL supports artists-in-residence by facilitating access to art institutions, initiatives and archives, and programs meetings with artists, activists, scholars and curators in Turkey to provide a ground for the exchange of ideas.Details :
- Accommodation-Workshop: A free of charge home-workshop will be assigned to each artist for accommodation and work. Heating, water, electricity, wifi, etc. costs of this house will be covered by the program.
- Work-Project Production Budget: Ankara Queer Art Program will provide artists with 3000 TL for 8 weeks to use in works if they wish to produce works in the program.
- Support: Kaos GL Academy and Cultural Studies Program will support artists to meet with the program’s consultants and art venues during their time in Ankara.
- Duration of the Program: Open to artists from all over the world, the Ankara Queer Art Program consists of 8-weeks periods.
- Travel: The costs of artists who are traveling from abroad to Ankara will be organized and covered by Ankara Queer Art Program. If requested, an invitation letter will be given to the artist for the visa process.
- Food: Artists will be given 6000 TL to cover daily meals, travel, etc. for 8 weeks.
- Resume – CV
- Artist Portfolio: Files containing artist’s work must be in PDF format. Files should not exceed 20 MB, big-size videos must be sent as links. The application file must be sent to email@example.com. There should be a maximum of 15 works in the portfolio.
- Artist Text: There should be a text that does not exceed 600 words of length, describing the artist’s artistic practice. It can be sent in Turkish or English.
- The Letter of Intent Must specify the reasons for the application, not exceeding 400 words.
Applications that do not comply with the specified format will not be evaluated.
Application e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgWho may enter ?
- This program does not cost the artists, the application is free.
- Artists applying to the program from abroad must know English at least as an intermediate.
- The artists who are accepted to the program are announced 10 days after the deadline.
- The portfolios of the artists applying to the Ankara Queer Art Program will be evaluated by the selection committee consisting of art professionals.