URS China Interactive Public Art Installation Design Competition 2020 LINGYUN LANE is open to art institutes, design and digital media institutes and universities across the world, where the installation will be placed in an urban renewal project “Lingyun Lane” in Xuhui District, Shanghai, China.
The competition is jointly launched by URS China (an operation platform of urban renewal and development in China) and Young Bird Plan (an international design competition brand), which calls for submissions of interactive public art installation designed for the project of Lingyun Lane through the participation of professionals and enthusiasts in the arts, design and digital media circles, so as to make the project more artistic, interesting and interactive. Besides, the possibility of urban renewal project activation shall be also further explored and discussed.
Meanwhile, the installation will become the distinctive symbol of URS China’s urban renewal projects. A series of creative and unique entrances will create a culture of art community by integrating interactive art and public life. Also, the installation will bring people closer together by interacting with surrounding users so as to improve the environmental quality and people’s happiness.
The competition aims to create distinctive entrances for URS China’s urban renewal project Lingyun Lane, which is located in No. 400 Tiandeng Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, China. It is expected to bring people closely with the project, interact positively with users and show the inclusiveness and openness of the urban living room through the interactive public art installation.
The installation will be placed in the public space of URS China’s project “Lingyun Lane” after renovation.
Key note about the entrance: Location A is the base of the entrance.
Key note about the moving route of the crane-style installation: start from the gallery on the first floor, walk through the gallery and the overpass on the second floor is the exit. You may find the map on our website.
Task 1: interactive public art installation
Custom themes with its construction scope in location A (L: 4 meters; W: 4 meters; H: 4.5 meters).
Task 2: interactive public art installation with the theme of paper crane.
Design an interactive public art installation in location A based on the concept of paper crane in the landscape design plan. Meanwhile, the interactive relationship between the installation and Lingyun Lane shall be considered. (Please find more details about the landscape project on our website by downloading the competition documents – part 3).
Requirements of the interactive public art installations:
1. The core elements of the project shall be reflected: renovation, warmth, vitality.
2. The installation shall be interactive in terms of the way and period.
3. This competition aims to promote URS China’s urban renewal projects and improve its brand quality by calling for submissions and realizing the installations.
Who can enter ?
1. People majored in digital media and information like digital media technology, visual communication design, design and programming, digital image processing, computer graphics, interactive media technology and streaming media technology and people in the major of design like architecture design, art design and landscape design and other enthusiasts are encouraged to participate in this competition.
2. Group participation with interdisciplinary members are preferred, as interdisciplinary combination helps the concept design in the previous stage, the program design, test and construction simulation in the middle period and the practical construction management and program realization in the final period. The group shall be within 4 members, and each group can submit at most 2 submissions.
2020/01/21 Call for entries
2020/04/28 Registration deadline
2020/05/14 Submission deadline
2020/05/28 Release of shortlisted winners
2020/06/11 Release of Top 30
2020/06/30 Release of Top 3 and the Champion
1winner; 60,000 RMB (pre-tax); Certificate of Honor
2winners; 15,000 RMB each (pre-tax); Certificate of Honor
27 winners; Certificate of Top 30 Honor
Certificate of Shortlist Honor