The competition Photography Transversalidades 2021 is organised by Centro de Estudos Ibéricos (CEI) in Guarda, Portugal.
“ The pictures collected under this contest should portray the diversity of territories, societies and cultures of different continents in order to allow crossed looks on the changes which are taking place in different parts of the world, show different styles of social organization and space, capture signs of continuity and change, archaisms and innovations that manifest themselves in the most populous cities or rural areas, located in the most remote and distant and areas, which are facing depopulation.
Photos must allude to one of the following subjects:
1. Landscapes, biodiversity and natural heritage : (Natural resources and risks; use, management and planning of natural areas; diversity of contexts and intercourse between man and the environment, etc.)
2. Rural areas, agriculture and settlement : (Goods and agricultural products, organization of rural areas; places and rural architecture, mobility, etc.)
3. The city and the urbanization process : (City, architecture, regeneration and urbanization processes; landscapes, urban environments and experiences, etc.)
4. Culture and society: cultural diversity and social inclusion : inclusion(Constructed legacy and cultural heritage, ways of life and social conditions; fight against poverty and social exclusion, etc.)
Each candidate may only submit one portfolio with six (6) photos about a single subject of the contest
The applicant must guarantee that pictures:
don’t include any identifcation element of its author
have not yet been previously rewarded or published
Deadline : 7 May 2021
Who may enter ?
The competition is open to anyone.
There is no entry fee to participate!
The competition is free to enter
• The overall winner will receive 1,500 €
• Each category winner (4) will receive 750 €
• Honorable mentions (12): 150 €
For further information visit the official website