The COPIC AWARD is a competition aimed at providing an opportunity to share the diverse artworks created using Copic products on the web, connect Copic fans around the world to inspire each other and help make their creative experiences more fun.
The COPIC AWARD, which was held for the first time in 2017, is an event aimed at providing an opportunity to share the artworks created using Copic on the web, connecting Copic fans around the world by their art, and making their Copic experience more fun.
Last year the COPIC AWARD attracted more than 1,000 entries from all over the world and after the rounds of judging of prestigious juries, the winners for three categories (Design, Illustration and Craft) were finally decided.
This COPIC AWARD is an event aimed at providing an opportunity to publish on the internet the work created using COPIC, connecting COPIC fans all over the world by such works, and making the drawing and production more fun.
Anybody can apply with the COPIC Work, and the COPIC Works applied from across the world can be freely viewed at the special AWARD site (https://copicaward.com, hereinafter referred to as “Special AWARD Site”).
• You can use any other art mediums (such as acrylic, watercolors, colored pencils or ink), but the entry must be created with Copic products (e.g. markers, Multiliner pens, etc.) mainly. The amount of COPIC used will not affect the result of examination for awards.
• It should be an original work created by the Applicant himself/herself.
• There is No categories, no specific theme for applications. Please feel free to create your artwork. Organiser has purposely kept this broad to encourage imagination!
• COPIC Works may be three-dimensional or two-dimensional.
• The images for the Application shall be up to 3 pieces with jpg (e.g., an overview image, close up, and other angle). The image shall be no more than 5MB per piece, and no more than 15MB in total.
• Entry is limited to COPIC Works which have not already been made public either through another competition or an exhibition (excluding personal exhibition or own social media pages).
• The size of artwork should be within L24″ x W18″x H12″ (L594mm x W420mm x H300mm) with the weight of 11lbs(5kg) or less.
• For the base material of artwork, fragile materials such as ceramic or glass are prohibited to use.
• Only 1 piece of artwork may be submitted per person.
• Any artwork which infringes upon another person’s intellectual property rights will be disqualified.
Applicants must be individual artists, not groups.
Applied works will be displayed on the Special AWARD Site.
You can submit your entry by uploading image files only through the COPIC AWARD official website. No other method of application will be accepted. Do not send actual artwork.
The COPIC AWARD will be judged by a panel of prestigious creative experts.
All entries will be judged on the five COPIC AWARD criteria:
• Ability in Expression
Prize will be given to the winners of Grand Prize, Future Generation Art Prize, Judges’ Award and Special Award. A new Future Generation Art Prize (U-18 Award) has been added this year to enhance future career prospects of young artists under 18 years of age.
Those who receive an Award will be notified by email in early May 2019, and the result will be announced on the special AWARD site for Award by the end of June.
The size of works to be produced should be within L594mm x W420mm x H300mm, with the weight of 5kg or less, or within L24 inches x W18 inches x H12 inches, with the weight of 11 pounds or less.
It’s free to enter!
Who can enter?
There are no restrictions for nationality, age, experience, residence area, etc.
• Grand Prize: A cash award of $5,000 USD, invitation to the award ceremony in Tokyo (including round-trip airline tickets and accommodation), a full 358 set of Copic Sketch markers.
• Future Generation Art Prize (U-18 Award): A full 358 set of Copic Sketch markers.
• Judges’ Awards, and other special awards will also be selected.