The Arts Foundation of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Pina Bausch Foundation have been following up on Pina Bausch’s credo since 2016 with a co-developed grant programme and award the Pina Bausch Fellowship for Dance and Choreography.
Interested applicants can apply with a virtual cooperation. Applications based on physical encounters cannot be considered this year, as it is not possible to anticipate the development of the different international restrictions.
– Letter of motivation (max. 1000 characters incl. blanks in English)
– A brief statement on the planned fellowship (max. 500 characters incl. blanks in English)
– CV in tabular form (max. 1000 characters incl. blanks in English) and a portrait
– Information on the intended time period and duration of the fellowship
– Letter of intent by the cooperation partner (e.g. an ensemble, a renowned person or institution from the field of dance or choreography, in English)
– 1 video (length max. 5 min)
The duration of the 2021 virtual fellowship depends on the self-developed format. Unlike in previous years, in 2021, five fellowships are going to be funded with a lump sum of €5000 each. Due to the exclusive digital format, no travel will be supported.
_ university/academic degree in dance and/or two years professional experience with a renowned ensemble
_ For choreographers
_ independent creation of at least one production with a public performance in the last three years
_ A basic knowledge of English is required
Who may enter ?
There are no age restrictions.
The fellowship is promoted internationally and aims at single artists in the fields of dance and choreography. Dancers and choreographers, who meet the personal requirements can apply.
ِDeadline: 15 March 2021
For further information visit the official website