The competition is organized by the Loewe Foundationw The LOEWE FOUNDATION launches the fourth edition of the LOEWE FOUNDATION Craft Prize, an international award celebrating excellence in craftsmanship.
The LOEWE Craft Prize seeks to acknowledge and support international artisans of any age (over 18) or gender who demonstrate an exceptional ability to create objects of superior aesthetic value.
All entries should fall within an area of applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.
The prize-winning Work must:
– demonstrates artistic intent in addition to technical proficiency
– is an original piece, handmade or partly handmade
– is recently created (in the last five years), and one-of-a-kind, and has not won any prizes previously
– is innovative, in the sense that it updates tradition
– falls within an area of the applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.
– Complete the online registration in English
– You need 2 to 5 photographs of the work (or series) and optionally a video.
– Write a brief conceptual statement about the work.
There is no entry fee to participate!
The competition is free to enter
The Prize for the winning entry is 50,000 euros. The winning work selected by the Jury, as well as the works of the finalists selected by the Experts Panel will be included in an exhibition and accompanying catalogue “LOEWE Craft Prize 2020”, on view in Paris.
Deadline : 30 October 2019
Who may enter ?
The competition is open to professional artisans of 18 years or older at the time of the submission of entries.
You should be dedicated to crafts as a profession, and participate actively in exhibitions, galleries, fairs, etc. You do not necessarily need to make a living out of it.