2019 Photography Contest
The Middle East Institute (MEI) Photography Contest now is opened for entries! This year’s contest seeks photographs with a story to tell about the people, places, history and culture of the Middle East and North Africa (defined as the region from Morocco to Afghanistan, and including Turkey).
Who can enter?
The Middle East Institute (MEI) Digital Photo Contest (“Photo Contest”) is open to all professional and amateur photographers who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Board Members and Employees of The Middle East Institute, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of those persons are not eligible to enter.
MEI will publicly announce the winners on The Middle East Institute Photo Contest page and award the following prizes:
1st Place – $500
2nd Place – $250
3rd Place – $150
Honorable Mentions – $75
Deadline : 19 July 2019
what to enter ?
The Middle East Institute is committed to increasing knowledge of the Middle East among the citizens of the United States, and to promoting a better understanding between the people of these two areas. Our 2019 photo contest theme, “Untold Stories,” seeks photos with a story to tell about the people, places, history and culture of the Middle East and North Africa (defined as the region from Morocco to Afghanistan, and including Turkey).
Entry is free
Submission requirements :
• The subject matter of submissions must pertain to the Middle East, but photographs need not have been taken there.
• Each entry must be a single photograph. Detailed captions are highly encouraged.
• Excessive adjustments to color, contrast, density, or saturation are not permitted, nor should any element be added to or removed from the photograph by any means. Photograph backgrounds may not be digitally altered or blurred; frames, borders, and added text is not permitted.
• Photographers are limited to 5 entries total.
• Previously published material is not eligible.
• Each image should be rendered as an RGB or Grayscale file. Do not use CMYK.
• Final individual image size should be at least 10-12.5 inches longest dimension at 250 DPI, or 2500-3000 pixels longest dimension. Uncompressed RGB file size should be about 10-15 megabytes. File size after compression would be about 2-5 megabytes.
• Save images as large JPEG files, and use Baseline (“Standard”).
Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and relevance to the contest theme.